What should I know about this program?
Parks Canada hires students and youth like you to work in a variety of positions across the country. Through their employment programs, Parks Canada is committed to helping you gain valuable skills that will assist in your transition to the labour market. While the majority of positions are available during the summer months, year-round positions are also available. Positions may last between 2-12 months.
Parks Canada has 450 000 km² of protected areas with many unique opportunities from coast to coast. You may find yourself working in one of their:
- 47 National Parks or 1 National Urban Park;
- 171 National Historic Sites;
- 2 Heritage Sites;
- 4 National Marine Conservation Areas; or
- Many administrative offices.
Parks Canada has expanded its current program to specifically target racialized youth, youth with disabilities and Indigenous youth with a wide range of interests and skills for job placements in the conservation of nature and parks sector.
Am I eligible to apply?
You're eligible to apply if you...
- Are between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the program
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or have refugee status
You're eligible for a student opportunity if you meet the youth program criteria above and if you…
- Are a full-time secondary or post-secondary student
- Are returning to full-time studies in the next academic year
Here's what previous participants did!
- Dressed up in period costume to bring history to life for visitors
- Visitor services assistant
- Social media/ photography coordinator
- Grounds Maintenance