Digital Skills for Youth
What should I know about this program?
The Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) program connects post-secondary graduates to profit and not-for-profit organizations where you can gain meaningful work experience to help you transition to career-oriented employment. These opportunities are grounded in experiences that will prepare you to adapt to the major changes projected in tomorrow's workplace. Opportunities include emerging areas such as cybersecurity, the automation of knowledge tasks, big data, artificial intelligence and more!
Am I eligible to apply?
You're eligible to apply if you...
- Are between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the internship
- Are a post-secondary graduate (this is not required for participants who live in Yukon, Northwest Territories or Nunavut)
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or have refugee status
We're working on connecting you with opportunities - stay tuned
Here's what previous participants did!
- Web design and web development
- Coding and App development
- IT tech support/help desk
- Hardware repair/refurbishment
- Social media tools, strategies, and content
- Data processing and management