Science Horizons Youth Internship Program
What should I know about this program?
The Science Horizons Youth Internship Program offers internship opportunities in the environmental science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields to you as a recent post-secondary graduate. The program provides up to $25,000 in funding for wage subsidies and up to $5,000 in funding for skills development, training and other job supports to eligible employers. Internship opportunities last 6 to 12 months and provide you with hands-on experience working on environmental projects.
Goals of this program:
- Help you gain valuable work experience
- Support your success in the green job market
- Support companies and organizations to grow their green workforce
- Contribute to economic growth in the environmental and clean technology sectors
Am I eligible to apply?
You're eligible to apply if you...
- Are under the age of 30 at the start of the internship
- Are a post-secondary graduate, graduate of a degree or diploma program in a university, college, post-secondary school of technology, post-secondary institute or a CEGEP (general and vocational college)
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or have refugee status.
We're working on connecting you with opportunities - stay tuned
Here's what previous participants did!
- Studied the effects of climate change on fish in northwestern Ontario's Experimental Lakes Area
- Collected and analyzed data on underwater noise pollution in the Bay of Fundy
- Looked for ways to reduce industrial impacts on Alberta's wetlands
- Promoted electronic video monitoring of fishing vessels in the Maritimes
- Worked on real-time pollution monitoring technologies in Ontario
- Developed geothermal power systems in British Columbia