Youth Employment and Skills Program
What should I know about this program?
Agriculture is an exciting and diverse industry spanning agriculture production through to processing and marketing of these products. Those interested in employment opportunities in the agriculture sector have a wide range of opportunities from small scale organic agriculture to large and expensive enterprises. YESP is a wage-subsidy program, meaning that employers will have up to 80% of employee wages reimbursed. The main objective of this program is to encourage agricultural employers to create job opportunities for youth
Work placements can last up to 12 months
Am I eligible to apply?
You're eligible to apply if you...
- Are between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the internship
- Are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or have refugee status
We're working on connecting you with opportunities - stay tuned
Here's what previous participants did!
- Managed livestock on ranchlands
- Cultivated wheat fields in the Prairies
- Worked with small businesses who provided agricultural products or services
- Refurbished agricultural equipment
- Harvested produce in the orchards of central British Columbia
- Constructed greenhouses