food service supervisor
Source: Job Bank
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 to less than 7 months
- or equivalent experience
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food
- Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies
- Ensure food service and quality control
- Prepare budget and cost estimates
- Supervise and check delivery of food trolleys
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- East Indian
- South Indian
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Standing for extended periods
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.