mechanic's helper - automotive
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 32.5 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma
- Experience: 1 to less than 7 months
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- In shop
- Willing to relocate
- Move tools, equipment and other materials
- Hold stakes during surveying activities
- Signal safety procedures to other workers and to the general public
- Perform miscellaneous labouring activities to help tradespersons, apprentices and other workers as directed
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
Area of work experience
Area of specialization
- Heating and air conditioning
- Motor vehicles
- Heavy equipment
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Handling heavy loads
- Work under pressure
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- As per collective agreement
- Free parking available
- Team building opportunities
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.