automotive service technician
Source: Job Bank
Prince George, BC
$33.00 to $38.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma
- Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
- Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit
- Repair or replace mechanical units or components
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications
- Perform scheduled maintenance service
- Test and adjust units to specifications
- Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Coach and instruct apprentices
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Automotive Service Technician Trade Certification
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for extended periods
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Pension plan
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.