pharmacy technical assistant
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Pharmacy or drugstore
- Community or retail pharmacy
Level of expertise
- Bill third party insurers
- Compound oral solutions, ointments and creams
- Ensure the information on prescriptions is accurate, enter client information in databases and prepare medications for clients
- Maintain inventories of medications and prescription records of pharmaceutical products
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Perform general clerical duties
- Manage routine office functions including reception, telephone and booking appointments
- Maintain supplies
- Compound, package and label pharmaceutical products
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Assist health care professionals
- Maintain prescription records and inventories of medications and pharmaceutical products
- Process claims such as health insurance or workers compensation
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Ability to multitask
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
- Free parking available
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.