sales consultant - retail
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 80 hours bi-weekly
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Remote location
- Courier and parcel express service
- Operate cash register
- Conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
- Prepare or oversee preparation of sales or other contracts
- Represent companies that export and import products or services to and from foreign countries
- Conduct sales transactions
- Supervise activities of other sales representatives
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Consult with clients after sale or signed contracts
- Review and adapt information regarding product innovations, competitors and market conditions
- Provide customer service
- Pack items for shipping and distribution
- Advertise and/or promote products, sales or services
- Arrange for shipping documentation and the tracking and tracing of goods in transit
- Provide clients with presentations on the benefits and uses of goods or services
Computer and technology knowledge
- Word processing software
- Presentation software
- Electronic mail
- Print and packaging
- Office/business equipment
- Media advertising
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Tight deadlines
- Internet access
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Free parking available
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.