food processing labourer
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: Will train
Work site environment
- Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
- Food safety/handling skills
- Transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- Measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines
- Feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers
- Remove filled containers from conveyors
- Manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
- Feed and unload processing machines
- Check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Manual dexterity
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Work under pressure
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Health care plan
- Free parking available
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.