home health care worker
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: Will train
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Willing to relocate
- Administer medications
- Assist clients in water (i.e. pool)
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Persons with Alzheimer's disease
- Persons with an intellectual disability
Security and safety
- Adult Abuse Registry check
- Criminal record check
- Drug test
- Immunization records
- Reference required
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is not available
- Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Overtime required
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.