Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Temporary
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Scent free
- Employer's home
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Supervise and care for children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Help children with homework
Security and safety
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Medical exam
- Basic security clearance
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Time management
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Health care plan
- Subsidised public transportation
- Transportation provided by employer
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.