live-in caregiver, child care
Source: Job Bank
$16.55 to $17.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Scent free
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
- Care for pets
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Supervise and care for children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
Security and safety
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Criminal record check
- Drug test
- Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Time management
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.