food and beverage server
Source: Job Bank
$14.50 to $15.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Seasonal
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 20 to 35 hours per week
- Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
- Experience: Experience an asset
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Must be of legal age to mix and serve alcoholic beverages
- Present bills to customers and accept payment in cash, credit or debit cards, travellers cheques or room billings
- Describe menu items including daily specials for customers
- Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations
- Balance cash and record sales
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Describe and advise on wine selection
- Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Serve food and beverages
- Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- Provide customer service
Computer and technology knowledge
- Point of sale system
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.