Source: Job Bank
$61,543.28 to $69,267.50 annually (to be negotiated)
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
- Library and information science
- Public library
- Supervise staff
- Provide reference services
- Develop systems to access library collections
- Perform manual and on-line reference searches and make interlibrary loans for users
- Perform related administrative duties and supervise library technicians, assistants and clerks
- Provide specialized programs for children, seniors and other groups
- Recommend acquisition of books, periodicals, audio-visual, interactive media and other materials
- Select, classify, catalogue and weed library materials
- Supervise office and volunteer staff
- 5-10 people
Type of documents
- Serials or newspapers
- Special materials (e.g., audio-cassettes, videos, maps, microform, educational kits, etc.)
- Electronic media (e.g., CD, DVD, USB key, etc.)
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week