automotive body technician
Source: Job Bank
$21.00 to $34.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Temporary
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma
- Experience: Experience an asset
- or equivalent experience
- In shop
- Professionalism in customer service
- Review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed
- Clean and maintain work space
- Replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components
- File, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired
- Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting
- Hammer out dents, buckles and defects using blocks and hammers
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills and bolt or weld replacement parts into place
- Apply primers and repaint surfaces
- Repair or replace interior components
- Repair or replace damaged windows, windshields and sunroofs
- Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling
- Mix paint, blend and match colors
- Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairer Trade Certification
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairer Red Seal Endorsement
- Auto Body Repairer Trade Certification
Area of work experience
- Body components
- Front end components
- Metal cutting
- Paint spraying
Security and safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.