early childhood educator (ECE)
Source: Job Bank
Churchill Falls, NL
$21.25 to $33.06 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 35 hours per week
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Child care centre
- Rural area
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Immunization records
- Vulnerable sector check
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.