early childhood educator (ECE) assistant
Source: Job Bank
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Administer first-aid and other assistance
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Food allergy and anaphylaxis training
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Immunization records
- Tuberculosis test
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Work Term: Temporary
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.