Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Work site environment
- At heights
- Sidewalks and curbs
- Equipment operation
- Various locations
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove spots on freshly poured cement
- Operate power vibrators to compact concrete
- Level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification
- Work at heights, on scaffolding or swing stages
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures
- Apply hardening and sealing components to cure surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Equipment and machinery experience
- Chipping machine
- Polishing machines
- Poured concrete
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- As per collective agreement
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.