respite care aide
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 to 48 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
- or equivalent experience
- Home care and visiting care agency
- Urban area
- Youth drop-in centre
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Transport patients between care facilities
- Answer call signals
- Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
- Administer first aid in emergency situations
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Immunization records
- Valid driver's licence
- Own vehicle
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Requires specialized environmental skills or knowledge
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.