Source: Job Bank
New Westminster, BC
$25.00 to $35.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 to 70 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Prepare rough plans and sketches
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Align and straighten tiles
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Instruct apprentices
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Supervise other workers
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Install tile strips
- 1 to 2 people
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Handling heavy loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?