personal support worker – nursing care
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 37 hours per week
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
- Transport patients between care facilities
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher
- Answer call signals
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing operative areas
- Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
- Administer first aid in emergency situations
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- As per collective agreement
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.