butcher - retail or wholesale
Source: Job Bank
- Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
- Experience: Experience an asset
Work site environment
- Butcher shop
- Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
- Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Remove bones from meat
- Weigh meats for sale
- Price meat products
- Clean and prepare fish and shellfish
- Sell meats to customers
- Cut fish into steaks and fillets
- Supervise other butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers
- Grind meats
- Prepare special orders
- Prepare special displays of meats, poultry and fish products
- Shape, lace and tie roasts, other meats, poultry and seafood
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Fast-paced environment
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Attention to detail
- Physically demanding
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.