Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 35 to 48 hours per week
- Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Rural area
- Remote location
- Fast food outlet or concession
- Cook (general)
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Recruit and hire staff
- Organize and manage buffets and banquets
- Manage kitchen operations
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Food Safety Certificate
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is not available
- Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Free parking available
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.