Source: Job Bank
$15.00 to $18.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Rural area
- Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
- Book appointments
- Cut and trim hair according to client's instructions or preferences
- Shampoo customers' hair
- Shave and trim beards and mustaches
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages
- Supervise other hair stylists and other staff
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Apply hair extensions
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Judge in competitions
- Suggest hair style compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences
- Perform receptionist duties
- Maintain and order supplies
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Hairstylist Trade Certification
- Hairstyling Red Seal Certificate
- Barber Licence
- Hairstylist Licence
Hair styling techniques
- Blow drying
- Hair braiding
- Iron waving/curling
- Pin curls
- Roller setting
Hair colouring techniques
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Own vehicle
- Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.