Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
- Experience: Will train
- Hospital or home for the aged
- Nursing home/home for the aged
- Supply and empty bed pans
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher
- Answer call signals
- Collect specimens
- Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certificate
- Moving Patients Safety Principles (MPSP) training
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Travel insurance
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.