Source: Job Bank
Red Deer County, AB
$37.00 to $40.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Work site environment
- In shop
- Willing to relocate
- Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit
- Repair or replace mechanical units or components
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications
- Estimate parts and labour costs
- Perform scheduled maintenance service
- Test and adjust units to specifications
- Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
- Provide customer service
Area of specialization
- Engine repair
- 4-wheel drive
- Electrical and electronic system
- Alignment, steering and suspension
- Brake system
- Fuel and emission system
- Ignition and electrical system
- Automatic transmission
- Standard transmission
- Engine repair and overhaul
- Drive train components
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Other benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Parking available
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.