journeyman/woman sprinkler system installer
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Education: Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years
Work site environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- Willing to relocate
- Liaise with management, engineers and other trades
- Connect piping systems to water mains, supply tanks, pumps, compressors and control equipment
- Install clamps, brackets and hangers to support piping system and sprinkler and fire protection equipment, using hand and power tools
- Installs valves, alarms and associated equipment
- Join pipes and piping sections using soldering and welding equipment
- Select, measure, cut, ream and thread pipe, install sprinkler heads and mount prepared pipe in supports
- Service and repair sprinkler system
- Test system for leaks using air or liquid pressure equipment
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
- Select type and size of pipe required
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment
- Weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Sprinkler System Installer Trade Certification
- Sprinkler System Installer Red Seal Certificate
- Driver's License
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Tight deadlines
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- On the road job
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- Mileage paid
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA)
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.