injection-moulding machine operator - plastic manufacturing
Source: Job Bank
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
Work site environment
- Weigh resins, colorants and other chemicals according to formulae
- Monitor and inspect quality of material produced
- Place weighed materials in mixing machines
- Operate mixing machine to blend plastic and other chemicals to a specific consistency and viscosity
- Pack items for shipping and distribution
- Set up and operate one or more moulding machines to mould plastic products
- Follow formulation card to mix resin batches for injection moulding process
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Handling heavy loads
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Fast-paced environment
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week