Source: Job Bank
$20.00 to $22.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
- Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- Experience: Experience an asset
Work site environment
- Before and after school programs
- Day care centre or nursery school
- Religious organization
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- Administer first aid in emergency situations
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Child development assistant (ECE level 1)
- First Aid Certificate
Type of experience
- School bus driver
Area of specialization
- Automobile driving
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Excellent oral communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available