short haul truck driver
Source: Job Bank
Saint-François de Madawaska, NB
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English or French
- Hours: 40 to 60 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- Driver logbook
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Trip reports
Type of trucking and equipment
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel overnight
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
- As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Long-term care insurance
- Pension plan
- Parking available
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.