early childhood education worker
Source: Job Bank
$20.00 to $24.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- Experience: Experience an asset
- Child care centre
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Immunization records
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Other benefits
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.