registered massage therapist (RMT)
Source: Job Bank
Port Hawkesbury, NS
$30.00 to $40.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
- Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Willing to relocate
- Chronic or long-term care facilities/centres
- Hospital/medical facility or clinic
- Consult with other health care professionals when developing treatment plans for clients
- Administer massage techniques through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations
- Apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Maintain records of treatments given
- Massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Certification by a provincial or territorial association for massage therapists
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Own transportation
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Manual dexterity
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Values and ethics
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.