nursing services aide
Source: Job Bank
$16.00 to $19.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Temporary
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 60 to 80 hours bi-weekly
- Education: Other trades certificate or diploma
- Experience: Experience an asset
- or equivalent experience
- Supply and empty bed pans
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Transport patients between care facilities
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher
- Answer call signals
- Collect specimens
- Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
- Administer first aid in emergency situations
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Continuing Care Assistant Certification
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Nursing Aide Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Child welfare check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Immunization records
- Eligible for professional liability insurance
- Tuberculosis test
- Adult Abuse Registry check
- Vulnerable sector check
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Travel expenses not paid by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- Remote work available
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.