charter bus driver
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 20 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Operate buses, school busses or streetcars to transport passengers
- Provide sightseeing information
- Report delays, mechanical problems and accidents
- Load and unload vehicle
- Direct passengers during emergency evacuation procedures
- Ensure para-transit passengers board vehicle safely
- Deal with public
- Complete logbooks and reports
- Deal with difficult passengers and resolve conflicts
- Communicate with passengers, dispatchers or other drivers using two-way radio systems
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Air Brakes Endorsement
- Class 2/2F/C Licence (buses with more than passengers)
- Driver's Licence (Class 2 or B or C)
Type of experience
- Intercity bus driver
- Tour and charter bus driver
- Para-transit driver
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Driver's abstract
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Overtime required
- Sound discrimination
- Work under pressure
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- On the road job
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.