child caregiver - private home
Source: Job Bank
Maple Ridge, BC
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Employer's home
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Supervise and care for children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Help children with homework
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Medical exam
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Overtime required
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Dental plan
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.