Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English or French
- Hours: 32 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 1 to less than 7 months
- or equivalent experience
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
- Load and unload goods
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- AZ class license
- Bill of lading
- Driver logbook
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
Type of trucking and equipment
Communication systems experience
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
Security and safety
- Valid passport
- Valid driver's licence
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Willing to travel overnight
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Repetitive tasks
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Cellular phone
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- On the road job
- Parking available
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.