Source: Job Bank
$17.50 to $18.50 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 to 44 hours per week
- Education: College/CEGEP
- Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
Work site environment
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Employer's home
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Administer medications
- Assist clients in water (i.e. pool)
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Mend clothing and linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Persons with Alzheimer's disease
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.