network support technician
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 36 hours per week
- Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
- or equivalent experience
- Computer hardware or software retailer/wholesaler
- Telecommunications service provider
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks and computer workstations and peripheral equipment
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Provide problem-solving services to network users
- Implement data, software and hardware security procedures
- Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
- Set up local area networks and connections to the Internet
Computer and technology knowledge
- Networking software
- Networking hardware
- Networking security
- File management software
- Security software
- MS Office
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is your current level of study?
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.