continuing care assistant
Source: Job Bank
$17.56 to $23.27 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Nursing home/home for the aged
- Supply and empty bed pans
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher
- Answer call signals
- Administer first aid in emergency situations
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Work Term: Temporary
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 37.5 to 40 hours per week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.