live-in caregiver - persons with disabilities
Source: Job Bank
$25.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 37.5 to 40 hours per week
- Education: College/CEGEP
- Experience: Experience an asset
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Staff accommodation available
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Care for pets
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Administer medications
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Change non-sterile dressings
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Plan therapeutic diets and menus
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Persons with physical disabilities
- Public transportation is available
- Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Work under pressure
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.