personal care attendant - medical
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 35 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
- or equivalent experience
- Supply and empty bed pans
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Maintain inventory of supplies
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher
- Answer call signals
- Collect specimens
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing operative areas
- Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Immunization records
- Tuberculosis test
- Own vehicle
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.