automotive service technician
Source: Job Bank
$19.00 to $25.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Education: Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
- Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems
- Diagnose faults and malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit
- Repair or replace mechanical units or components
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's specifications
- Perform scheduled maintenance service
- Test and adjust units to specifications
- Advise customers on work performed and future repair requirements
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Automotive Service Technician Trade Certification
- Automotive Service Technician (Fuel and Electrical Systems) Trade Certification
- Motor Vehicle Repairer (Service Station Mechanic) Trade Certification
- First Aid Certificate
- Level one apprenticeship training
- Level two apprenticeship training
Area of specialization
- Engine repair
- 4-wheel drive
- Electrical and electronic system
- Alignment, steering and suspension
- Brake system
- Fuel and emission system
- Ignition and electrical system
- Automatic transmission
- Drive train components
- Imported vehicles
Security and safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Attention to detail
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.