Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 20 to 40 hours per week
- Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
- Experience: Will train
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Operate buses, school busses or streetcars to transport passengers
- Provide passengers with information on fares, schedules and stops
- Collect fares and record transactions
- Report delays, mechanical problems and accidents
- Direct passengers during emergency evacuation procedures
- Operate para-transit vehicles
- Ensure para-transit passengers board vehicle safely
- Deal with public
- Complete logbooks and reports
- Deal with difficult passengers and resolve conflicts
- Communicate with passengers, dispatchers or other drivers using two-way radio systems
- Ensure children's safety when boarding and leaving buses and crossing street while bus is stopped
- Maintain control of student activities during travel to prevent distractions or behaviours that could compromise safety
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Class 4/4F/F/4A-B-C Licence (ambulances, emergency vehicles and buses with fewer than 24 passengers)
- First Aid Certificate
Type of experience
- School bus driver
- Intercity bus driver
- Tour and charter bus driver
- Para-transit driver
Security and safety
- Adult Abuse Registry check
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Driver's abstract
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Attention to detail
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- On the road job
- Parking available
- Variable or compressed work week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.