Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 32 hours per week
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Arrange and co-ordinate seminars, conferences, etc.
- Supervise other workers
- Train other workers
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings, seminars and conferences
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Answer electronic enquiries
- Compile data, statistics and other information
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
- Train, direct and motivate staff
- Respond to employee questions and complaints
- Recruit and hire workers and carry out related staffing actions
- Plan, develop and implement recruitment strategies
- Perform basic bookkeeping tasks
- Oversee the preparation of reports
- Oversee development of communication strategies
- Oversee the classification and rating of occupations
- Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers
- Manage contracts
- Manage training and development strategies
- Maintain and manage digital database
- Establish and implement policies and procedures
- Consult with clients after sale to provide ongoing support
- Conduct performance reviews
- Conduct research
- Assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs
- Work with minimal supervision
- Organize and administer staff consultation and grievance procedures
- Perform data entry
- Provide customer service
- Liaise with management, union officials and HR consultants
- Advise senior management
- Oversee the analysis of employee data and information
- Work with the marketing department to understand and communicate marketing messages to the field
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- 1 to 2 people
Computer and technology knowledge
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Visio
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
- Simply Accounting
- MS Windows
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Information technology
- Electronic mail
- MS Outlook
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software
- Social Media
Area of work experience
- Purchasing, procurement and contracts
Area of specialization
- Reports and records
- Financial statements
- Charts, tables, graphs and diagrams
- Project management
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Credit check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel regularly
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses not paid by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Large workload
- Ability to multitask
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Quick learner
- Time management
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- On the road job
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.