long haul truck driver
Source: Job Bank
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: Will train
- Load and unload goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Pay and receive payments for goods
- Perform brake adjustments
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Transport and handle dangerous goods
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- AZ class license
- Driver logbook
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Cellular phone
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 37.5 to 44 hours per week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.