Source: Job Bank
$18.00 to $20.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
- or equivalent experience
Ranks of chefs
- Sushi chef
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Recruit and hire staff
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- 1 to 2 people
- Sushi preparation techniques
- Japanese cuisine
- Fish and seafood
- Meat, poultry and game
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.