Source: Job Bank
$15.00 to $16.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Seasonal
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 20 to 35 hours per week
- Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Experience: Experience an asset
- or equivalent experience
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Convey travellers luggage by hand or hand truck
- Assist with installation of audiovisual equipment and help in resolving problems during use
- Perform minor repairs on installations and routine maintenance of audiovisual equipment
- Set-up, install, reconfigure, relocate and dismantle temporary partitions and furnishings of rooms
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Attend to group arrivals and departures
- Handle luggage for hotel guests
- Maintain luggage storage area
- Provide information regarding features of rooms, service of hotel and points of interest
- Receive and deliver items and messages for guests
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.