Source: Job Bank
Port Coquitlam, BC
- Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
- Experience: 7 months to less than 1 year
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Attach metal or gypsum lath to studs or furring
- Install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboard or lath
- Install corner beads and wire mesh around beams to which plaster is to be applied
- Install metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall or plaster walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools
- Estimate costs and materials
- Client focus
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 hours per week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.