user support technician
Source: Job Bank
- Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- Computer science
- Willing to relocate
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts
- Participate in the redesign of applications and other software
- Supervise other technical support workers in this group
- Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
- Perform Web-server backup and recovery operations
Computer and technology knowledge
- Networking security
- MS Windows
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 hours per week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.